« Blue Crush background | Main Page | shite, no passport »
Music downloading
Posted by dav at 2002 August 4 10:20 PM
File under: Music

A well written essay on the truth behind music downloading on the Internet, from a recording artist's point of view: Janis Ian Articles
[Link]

Comments:

Yo, I don't think any of you know what really goes on in the music world. Nor do you realize that not all musicians are overly wealthy. I can tell you first hand that I am trying to get an album out myself. Do you have any idea how hard it can actually be when your songs are free to download? Especially if you want it to be successful? And altho i truly truly am about the music, i am hoping to be a professional musician. It is very hard to pay to bills when you arent getting paid for your profession. Downloading a song or 2 to get a taste for the artist is understandable...i support that. However, it is NOT a "little" issue.

Posted by: Ben on July 30, 2000 10:48 PM

Should this be aloud? Why aren't we buying the artists cds and supporting them? please relpy

Posted by: Bella on April 9, 2003 10:20 AM

I think that downloading is okay because if celebrities really didn't want it, then they would find some way to shut it down!! plus, they ahve enough money to loose songs on the internet!!!

Posted by: Emily on April 13, 2003 04:28 PM

Posted by: Emily on April 13, 2003 04:28 PM

Emily, I think you are wrong, i pity the celebreities

Posted by: Amandie on May 14, 2003 11:21 AM

hey i dont care about this music deal if these celebs are whining about it then i agreew ith emily, they can find a way to shut it down.

Posted by: josh on October 24, 2003 10:04 AM

ithink this hole thing is to big they should not have made a big deal about this it is not a big thing and emily i think u are wrong and u should only write one comment on the internet STUPID

Posted by: jordo on October 24, 2003 10:04 AM

hey agian i dont care still and emily ur dumb for thinking that i think u all are stupid sides my main man jordo later

Posted by: josh agian on October 24, 2003 10:07 AM