« sweet smell of success | Main Page | fetish map »
dhamaal
Posted by dav at 2002 September 21 06:13 PM
File under: Music

Last night I went to Club Six on Sixth Street to catch Dhamaal, a monthly Indian music club night. This was my first time there, and I'd like to go back again. The crowd was mostly Indian (no, not the Native American kind) and upstairs they were playing classical Indian music. It was like a bollywood movie, everyone was dancing. Downstairs (as always at Club Six) there was drum and bass, but this time with heavy Indian drumming influences.

I couldn't find a website for the Dhamaal event, but I did find the Asian Massive Calendar which is a pretty handy thing for an asian-fetishist like me :)

Comments:

Glad you had a good time! The propa website will be done on May 1st - but until then if you want info go to the temp site: www.dhamaalsf.com

Also - let me know if you want snippets of our upcoming original music/video CD.

Janaka (Dhamaal DJ/Manager)

Posted by: Janaka on April 20, 2003 06:17 PM

I was at dhamaal this friday, and there was ths guy who had a digital camera taking photographs, would you happen to know where these pictures would be posted

Posted by: slagy on April 29, 2003 02:10 PM

Sorry, I have no idea....

Posted by: Dav Coleman on May 1, 2003 08:43 AM

PLEASE EMAIL THE NEXT EVENT

Posted by: CONNIE on July 21, 2003 01:29 PM

The next event info is here:

This one is going to be massive! All way the from the UK the Visionary Underground (their entire album is available on their website for FREE - www.visionaryundergound.com) - the best breaks stuff I have heard in a while - Asian or straight up.

Janaka