« san francisco loft living | Main Page | selling out in japan »
go van gough
Posted by dav at 2002 September 17 01:12 AM
File under: Music

Saw the Monday Night Band (beats the hell out of Monday Night Football) at the Odeon tonight: Go Van Gough. They're a 5 piece featuring bass, drum kit, percussionist, woodwind (alto and tenor(?) sax) and some sort of bizarre electronic slide guitar ...playing a strange jazzed version of middle eastern music that was too much fun for the paltry audience. Later I met my friend Robin and we went off to the Voodoo Lounge and then hit a couple of places in Chinatown (Li Po and Buddha Bar). Like you care.

Comments:

Hmm.. re: "bizarre electronic slide guitar" It might be the dobro. (My dad plays one.) RE: the 'Like you care.' comment at the end: can't speak for anyone else, but hell ya, I care! I love reading about your daily life; how else am -I- supposed to cyberstalk -you-? ;)

Posted by: Laura on September 18, 2002 01:56 PM

Hmm, I found some dobro photos on images.google.com ant I think that's too big to be the same thing. As for cyberstalking, you could hack into my machine and install some montoring devices like I did to your machine. It's great, let's me read all the mail and even turn on the microphone.

Posted by: Dav on September 18, 2002 07:52 PM

Hmm, I wondered why my computer is running slow. Well, I don't care if you listen on the microphone - Just as long as you don't hack the webcam. I only entertain Eric on that!!

Posted by: Laura on September 19, 2002 06:50 AM

wow i think this is such a wonderfull site i love it so much it makes me cream my jeans everytime i think and see this site especially because its about "VAN GOUGH" i have never thought that one man would be such and ensperation to me, i look up to that man for all he has done for the love of his art. thank you for listening to what i have to say because van would love that alot.

Posted by: jennifer on December 3, 2002 01:53 PM

Wow, I agree with Jennifer, see i am an up and coming artist, and Van Gogh has really inspired me and even changed my life. It has made me really sit down and think about what i want in life. It has even made my sex life better, believe it or not. Every time i think of him i get all wet, and he really did a lot for his art, and became something. Well, thanks for listening to all i have to say, I hope everybody appreciates Vincent Van Gogh as much as i do!! And Gogh Baby...if you're reading this, I hope you realize how much i love you

Posted by: Hinsonator on December 3, 2002 02:15 PM

you have the worst site eva

Posted by: Strong Bad on March 6, 2003 12:15 PM

u suck

Posted by: arnold on March 10, 2003 06:48 AM

van gogh led a very tragic life yet all his feelings and emotions went in to his works of art.this is one of the reasons i admire him.he inspires me to go for my goals in life. x

Posted by: pauline hendry on March 25, 2003 06:49 AM

i think that Van Gough is prety good for what i have seen of his work. Van Gough has inspires me woke harder in life

Posted by: kirsten on May 7, 2003 12:26 AM

Well now, Anne Herbert is down with the band and she's thinking that expecting to be entertained leads to boredome and sloth, whilst entertaining your own (misbegotten) self leads to amazing grace when running for the bus (and other benefits) so I'd like to stand at the bus stop with Go Van Gough and hand out kazoos to the public transit populace and hum in resplendant 36 part harmony til we all have to go running after that pesky got-a-schedule-to-adhere-to bus, and give that driver a root tah tootin live concert he won't soon forget.

Posted by: busmun on November 30, 2003 11:54 AM

Hey, i was actually doing a Van Gough thing for school and I came across this website by accident. I agree with Jenifer, apart from the "cream my jeans" bit, and Van Gough is a total inspiration to people, esp. me. :-)
ps-about the "like you care" comment-if we didnt give a ****, why would we even be bothering to post these messages? So you are loved. Does that make you feel better?

Posted by: Sarah on April 27, 2004 02:09 PM