« campalicious | Main Page | Killing Zoe & Anatomie »
man made island paradise
Posted by dav at 2002 September 5 06:08 PM
File under: News

This man is my hero. I saw a video about this guy on Heavy.com awhile back (here's the video (a 19 Meg windows media file)) and just ran across this article updating his status: [Link]

A BRITISH carpenter who dreamed of living on a private sunshine isle built himself one using 250,000 plastic bottles.

Richie Sowa spent four years making the floating Spiral Island, which measures 66ft by 54ft, weighs 60 tons and has three sandy beaches.

The mangrove-covered paradise, which is anchored off the coast of Mexico, includes a two-bedroom house with a large living room and kitchen

Comments:

What a wonderful idea. My friend said everyone should make one and all sail the seven seas.
I wonder how big an Island would have to be, to actually go out to sea and be stable enough not to rock?
Paul.

Posted by: Paul Gard on January 6, 2003 08:20 PM

your idea was good please send me a picture of your island thanks a lot!

Posted by: Patrick Archer on February 3, 2003 11:39 PM

This is a beautiful place. We were lucky enough to visit this week. Ritchie is incredibly hospitable and very kind. If I only had the courage to do what he has done. What an amazing experience to see Spiral Island!

Posted by: denay and jesse on May 28, 2003 04:42 PM

can u please email me a picture of your fab sounding island dude? thanx

Posted by: Freakin Reakin on October 9, 2003 04:14 AM

Can you please post a picture of your island paradise!?!? I think this is a really clever idea and would like to see it. Way to go, guy.

Posted by: Mariah on February 3, 2004 02:08 PM

Can u post anymore pictures of this cool island or maybe a video?

Posted by: Robert72 on June 16, 2005 11:36 AM

Can u post anymore pictures of this cool island or maybe a video?

Posted by: Robert72 on June 16, 2005 11:37 AM